Duckweed Pellets for Sale

May 6, 2014

I’ve got em posted on eBay at $6.99 a pound plus shipping. Will see what the market will bear. I should probably sell fresh duckweed as that is going for crazy high prices at the moment.

It’s been a month since I last posted but a month well-spent on developing various duckweed formulations, getting the ponds ready for summer production, and working on business plans for projects.

All I want to say on the subject of investment funding… if someone says they want to give you ten million dollars for a project, don’t count on it until you have the cash in HAND. Let that be a lesson to ya.

Cheers,
Tamra

1. Sue permalink
    June 25, 2014 2:02 pm

“… if someone says they want to give you ten million dollars for a project, don’t count on it until you have the cash in HAND.”

Promises are nothing but cool air inhaled and hot air exhaled.

But you don’t really want $10 million… going slowly with time to think and discover will cost you less in the long run than diving in with the big bucks and wasting lots of it with poorly thought-out ideas. People willing to provide lots of money aren’t doing it as a gift, they expect RESULTS and PROFIT, and they want it FAST. Take your time and do it right.

2. May 9, 2014 7:14 pm

I admire your tenacity. You are learning new techniques while providing valuable information for others who want to do their own small scale home use. I have fish and chickens who need some green in their diet and this is such a good idea. We plan to have the big trough from Tractor Supply company to do ours close to the chicken coop. (we are having a wedding in October and plan to buy the trough anyway to have the drinks in, so we’ll double up it’s use!) Enjoy hearing about your progress:-)

• May 10, 2014 12:09 am

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! You are so right about chickens needing some green in their diet. I used to have to pull weeds to feed my chickens and would inevidably get a rope burn from pulling on tough stems. No more cuts or blisters, thanks to duckweed’s easy harvest. Note: I do not have chickens currently but if I did- I’d look forward to much better tasting eggs with deeper coloration of yolks. That and some pretty happy chickens!
      The trough should work great. I’d leave in some shade as the black can get pretty hot in the summer. Duckweed starts slowing down above 90 degrees F. water temps.
      Cheers!
      Tamra

• May 11, 2014 8:34 am

Haha, yep, I do a lot of pulling of weeds for them, too! The duckweed would definitely help out that problem 🙂 Thank you for the advice on the shading of the black trough.and the temperature. I do notice that duckweed grows where it’s somewhat shady in ponds. Oh, and Happy Mother’s Day, if that applies!

• May 11, 2014 10:18 am

Same to you! I have nine children, healthy and happy. I am blessed.

3. May 7, 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks, Surendra! Establishing the market- any sort of market is what we all need to work toward.

4. Surendra Mohnot permalink
    May 7, 2014 3:51 am

Dear Tamra,

All the very best for your venture!

Regards.